The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a research technician to work in the health systems team on an HIV project and amongst partnered institutions on this collaborative project. We are seeking a well-rounded individual with experience in project management, public health research and community engagement with a passion for social good.
- Medical sciences
Training and experience/qualifications
- EU work authorization
- Training or work experience in the field of public health and/or global health
- Excellent writing skills in Spanish and fluency in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in team environments
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Relevant master degree in health sciences, public health or global health.
- Comfortable in an international and multicultural environment
- Willing to learn and grow while facing challenges as a learning opportunity
- Supporting the ISGlobal health systems team in the day-to-day work and strategizing of its HIV projects
- Liaise with Spanish partners
- Support the Delphi methodology team
- Support project management
- Collaborate with staff as an active member of the team and amongst cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end alignment on ongoing projects and communications efforts
- See list of responsibilities above
- Effective oral and written communication
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Learning Capacity
- Organization and time management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Spanish and English - fluent
- Duration:12 months
- Starting date: November 2022
- Contract: Full-time
- Salary Range: Tech II A
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_HealthSystem_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 01/12/2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.