Job offer: Post Doctoral Marie Sklodowska-Curie European Fellowship
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Biological sciences
- Environmental science
- Ethics in health sciences
- Medical sciences
- Researchers in possession of a doctoral degree (EU-PhD title or adapted to the Spanish system is required) by the date 13th September 2023.
- Researchers may be of any nationality.
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 13th September 2023.
- Researchers are expected to be experts in public health, environmental epidemiology, interdisciplinary science, or similar.
- Please take into account that these fellowships are for “Excellent researchers”, which implies a record and an exceptional résumé.
How to Apply
- Publications in major, peer-reviewed conference proceedings and/or monographs of their respective research fields, indicating also the number of citations (excluding self-citations) they have attracted.
- Granted patent(s).
- Research monographs chapters in collective volumes and any translations thereof.
- Invited presentations to peer-reviewed, internationally established conferences and/or international advanced schools.
- Research expeditions that the Experienced Researcher has led.
- Organisation of International conferences in the field of the applicant (membership in the steering and/or programme committee).
- Examples of participation in industrial innovation.
- Prizes and Awards.
- Funding received so far.
- Supervising, mentoring activities.
- Contact details (address, email etc.)
- Number of awards per year 1
- Frequency of calls ANNUAL
- International mobility required? yes
- Website of Fellowship Programme https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/horizon-msca-2023-pf-01-01
- Fellowship's Details
- Career Stage Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc), More experienced researcher or >10 yrs
- Research Profiles Established Researcher (R3), Recognized Researcher (R2), Leading Researchers (R4)
- Employment contract with full social security yes
- Currency euro
- Covers salary yes
- Covers travel and subsistence yes
- Covers research costs yes
- Maximum duration of fellowship 24 (European Fellowship)
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.