DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What we are looking for
The role requires close collaboration with international project partners from a range of disciplines as well as researchers at ISGlobal. The successful applicant will be supervised by Non-Communicable Diseases and Environment Programme Head Dr Judith Garcia-Aymerich, Research Professor, and eHealth Group Leader Dr Guillaume Chevance, Assistant Research Professor.
Training and Experience
- Higher education in Biostatistics or similar.
- Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Programming using the main statistical tools and software in R and Stata.
- Experience with mixed models for repeated measures data, use of quantitative methods, time series analysis and interpretation of longitudinal and intensive-longitudinal data derived from large cohort studies or single participants followed over extended period of time.
- Experience in Data-management
- Perform data cleaning and management
- Perform statistical analysis of longitudinal observational data, in particular time-series data and longitudinal cohort data.
- Provide statistical support to the researchers of the team.
- Contribute to scientific publications, reports, and grant applications.
- Participate to protocol writing and statistical analysis plan elaboration.
- Proficient use of statistical software R and STATA
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Good level of the English (written and spoken)
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_NCD_ENV _ Oct20, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 5th of November 2020
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.