ISGlobal is a cutting-edge institution with demonstrated capacity to address global public health challenges through research, translation and education, with 407 members and 42 research groups. ISGlobal is located on two campuses: Campus Clinic, with the University of Barcelona and Hospital Clínic and Campus Mar, with University Pompeu Fabra and Hospital del Mar. ISGlobal has an ambitious vision as a world-class centre in research, translation and education, with a commitment to improve global health and promote health equity.
ISGlobal is a leader in epidemiological research of environmental exposures with particular expertise in research related to the health effects of air, noise, and the built environment. ISGlobal is leading several COVID-19 related research projects exploring the links between the environment and COVID-related outcomes and the health impacts of the pandemic response. These projects leverage ISGlobal’s unique expertise in both environmental and infectious disease epidemiology.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science
- Medical sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- MSc (or equivalent) in statistics or related discipline
- Experience with statistical analysis and managing complex data in R
- Excellent quantitative and programming skills
- Coordinating health and environmental exposure databases
- Conduct statistical analyses
- Optimizing air pollution exposure prediction models
- Motivated, self-directed researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Duration: 3 months (renewable)
- Starting date: : April 1st 2021
- Contract: full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: statistician_COVAIR_HEI_Feb21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 04/03/2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.