DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, infectious diseases including malaria, maternal, child and reproductive health, urban health and xhild and environmental health, climate & non-communicable diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Medical sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Degree in public health, global health or related field (master’s level or higher)
- Training in research methods (demonstrated experience)
- Willingness to travel within Spain and/or internationally a minimum of three times per year
- Support the PI, co-investigators and team members in the daily functioning of the projects
- Coordinate daily activities (data collection and follow-up)
- Manage data and prepare analytical plan(s) and statistical analyses
- Manage agenda and scheduling of meetings/calls and submission deadlines in particular for research proposals
- Prepare project proposals, reports and research findings
- Prepare presentations in MS Powerpoint
- Copy-editing and proofreading (in English) and managing document citations
- Assist in any other activity related to the work of the Health Systems Research Group
- Facilitate communication and coordination among investigators including the study group(s) by contributing to the shared storage drive and project management system
- Liaise with other research groups at ISGlobal, in Spain and abroad as relevant
- Participate in relevant ISGlobal seminars, meetings, workshops and training activities
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Strong written communication skills (demonstrated track record including a minimum of one submitted or published peer-reviewed article)
- Familiarity with the conventions for reporting original research in scientific publications (e.g., the appropriate structure for the introduction, methodology, results and discussion sections).
- Ability to accurately describe other researchers’ findings and to cite the information using standard referencing conventions.
- Ability to use PubMed/Medline and other major databases to conduct literature searches.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills (including using online project management platforms)
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- International experience (studying or working outside of native country)
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook software or equivalent, Slack, Asana + statistical programs (eg SPSS, R or Stata). Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn groups) – desirable.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures .
- English (fluent), Spanish (advanced)
- Duration : 1 year
- Starting date: January 2023
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Research Assistant B
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: RA_HSR_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 7 de December de 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.