The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an experienced Project Manager who is interested in working as a Project Manager of the European Project “ENDing COVID-19 Variants Of concern through Cohort studies (END-VOC)” led by University College London (UCL). The overall goal of the Project is to support the European and global response to the COVID-19 pandemic and VOCs by developing and pooling well characterised COVID-19 cohorts with sufficient genomic information worldwide and linking these with existing European and international initiatives.
The Project Manager will be in charge of coordinating the work of different research partners at ISGlobal and communicating with Project leads.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 101046314, ENDING COVID 19 VARIANTS OF CONCERN THROUGH COHORT STUDIES (END-VOC).
- Environmental science
- Medical sciences
- Project Management
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Having a PhD in Biological Sciences, Public Health or Epidemiology
- Excellent management, project planning, and organizational skills
- Broad experience in scientific coordination of projects, specially projects related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Having first-authored publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Having experience in working in an interdisciplinary team
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment
- Collaborate with ISGlobal researchers and the Communication and Global Policy Development departments to ensure timely and quality implementation of the project, achievement of the established objectives, meeting of milestones and deliverables production
- Oversee the budget including identification of gaps and accurate and appropriate allocation and reporting
- Coordinate communication with project partners, UCL coordinator and other external collaborators
- Preparation of supporting documents for different meetings and research conferences
- Develop progress reports, work plans and other documents as required
- Report activities of the project
- Other responsibilities as required
- Teamwork, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Duration : 3 years
- Starting date: 15/10/2022
- Contract: (part or full time) part time
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Project Manager _ END-VOC_Sep22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open from 10/09/2022
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.