The department of Innovation contributes to the mission, the vision and the objectives of ISGlobal by providing support to the whole ISGlobal organization to protect intellectual property and to transfer knowledge and technology, as well as to develop models to make knowledge available to larger communities. Moreover, the “Responsible Research and Innovation” components have been put as core elements of its strategy, therefore giving strong attention to the public engagement in research and innovation endeavours.
Part of the Innovation team contributes to this new line of transversal and integrative work, whose main objective is to respond to the problems and needs of civil society through scientific research and innovation projects. This research approach includes the participation of ISGlobal researchers and implies developing research action methodologies such as science shops and science cafes.
In this setting, ISGlobal is actively working in collaboration with different groups from the Hospital Clinic, and have together been awarded the coordination of the EIT Health-funded training project “CALMA 2” .
1.Mission 1: Support to project management.
When required the project assistant will support on the following tasks:
i.Preparation and coordination of meetings (steering committees, consortium committees, evaluation meetings with European Union)
ii.Agenda and minutes writing
iii.Follow up on action items within the team and with partners
b.Execute project within agreed budget and timeline
i.Regular follow up of budget with ISGlobal financial officer
ii.Follow up with partners on implementation of actions and budget
c.Ensure constant communication with and reporting to the European Commission
i.Participation in meetings with EC Project Officer when requested
ii.Preparation of technical reports ensuring on-time submission
d.Contribute to the scientific development of research project activities, when requested.
e.Participation in the elaboration of official reports, and associated publications.
2.Mission 2: Coordinate activities with the other Innovation projects at ISGlobal and Clinic Hospital.
-Ensure constant communication with other key members of the environment
-Actively participate in other meetings when requested
3.European Projects and International Cooperation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in research and/or innovation and/or institutional projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the health, research and/or innovation organizations.
- Organization and communication skills.
- Experience in European projects and grant writing.
- Graduate degree in the health sciences, social sciences and/or humanities.
- Ability to multitask so as to support multiple projects.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to play different roles within the team.
- Good presentation skills.
- Very high level of English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Another European language will be positively evaluated.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: PA_Innovation_Nov19. The receipt of applications will be open until 13th December, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.