DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level.
Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Project Assistant to support the ECO Principal Investigator, Project Manager and the Coordination team on the day-to-day functioning of the project.
The Project Assistant provides support to the Project Manager and the Coordination team with administrative tasks such as scheduling and organizing meetings, documenting and tracking action items, staff planning, and support for project implementation. In summary, the Project Assistant helps coordinate and provides administrative support to the daily running of the project for a good prioritization and resolution.
ECO is a project financed by Unitaid whose objective is to strengthen the National Health Systems in Bolivia and Paraguay in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, and prepare them for new epidemic threats.
- Other (Administration, Project Management)
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 (preferably 2) years in giving support to project management or coordination
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish. Project written communications and daily work will be in both Spanish and English
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a diverse environment
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to manage a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency with electronic communications and Microsoft office
- Experience in working in international environments and interest in public health in developing countries are assets
- Availability to travel overseas as required, and no more than 20%
- Support the leadership team in the daily functioning of the project and developing of tasks
- Provide assistance and support in monitoring the achievement of project activities on behalf of the project manager and other members of the leadership team
- Handle purchasing and expenses reimbursement for project staff when necessary, including:
- Review the quality of invoices and accounting documents
- Assess the compatibility and eligibility of expenses
- Support the Finance Manager on reporting budget incidences and follow up on corrections and implementation
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor’s directives of administrative documentation
- Prepare tracking documents and tools for deliverables, meetings, and update them regularly
- Maintain follow-up systems for action and deadlines
- Schedule meetings, appointments, teleconferences and videoconferences logistics
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, briefing notes, minutes and presentations
- Assist in planning and organizing trips, events and high-level visits required for the project
- Assist the Finance Manager on creating list of periodic expenses and budget narratives
- Manage travel and logistics for international meetings and conferences
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate project documentation
- Coordinate and monitor the procurement of office supplies and equipment for the project, as well as troubleshoot international shipping logistics when necessary
- Assist in the publication submission process for the Project results
- Assist in the contracting process and onboarding of new staff, which may include providing support in the procurement of work permits and visas
- Other tasks as directed by the leadership team
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Duration: Until end of project (31 Marc 2023)
- Starting date: September 2022
- Contract: (part or full time): 40% (16 hours per week) - Laboral indefinit amb càrrec a projecte
- Salary Range: Tècnic II - A
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PA_ECO_Sept22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 11 September 2022
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candiddacies are encouraged, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.