ISGlobal is a cutting-edge institution with demonstrated capacity to address global public health challenges through research, translation and education. ISGlobal is located on two campuses: Campus Clinic, with the University of Barcelona and Hospital Clínic and Campus Mar, with University Pompeu Fabra and Hospital del Mar. ISGlobal has an ambitious vision as a world-class centre in research, translation and education, with a commitment to improve global health and promote health equity. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level.
What We Are Looking for
The postdoctoral researcher will be involved in all stages of the project, leading analyses linking changes in urban and social exposures to childhood obesity indicators, estimating the impacts of hypothetical urban intervention scenarios, and developing a stakeholder engagement strategy, together with the other UrbanKids collaborators. The candidate will be part of a highly stimulating, supportive and open environment in the Childhood and Environment Programme, a research programme with many postdoctoral and predoctoral researchers, extensive experience in environmental epidemiology, exposome research, and children’s health and with strong international networks. The candidate will also have strong links with researchers in the Air Pollution and Urban Environment Programme, and at IDIAP-Jordi Gol (holders of the primary care database www.sidiap.org). This offers unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge research in environmental epidemiology and child health research.
Training and experience
- PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement in epidemiology or environmental health
- Experience in statistical analyses, including models with longitudinal analysis.
- Experience in childhood obesity research or urban environment research will be an asset.
Main duties and tasks:
- Contribute to the study design and analysis protocols
- Conduct statistical analyses related to the main objectives of UrbanKids
- Draft original articles for publication in high impact journals
- Collaborate with all project partners
- Liaise with stakeholders in the field of childhood obesity and urban environment
- Contribute to the dissemination of results
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational thinker.
- Eager to learn and proactive.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English required (written and spoken).
- Duration: 1/01/2023 to 28/02/2024 (extendable)
- Starting date: 1st of January 2023
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: post doc B
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: POSTDOC_URBANKIDS_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 9th of December
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contributing to improving health worldwide.