About ISGlobal. The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas: Malaria and other Infectious Diseases; Child and Maternal Health; Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for. In the context of the Severo Ochoa programme, we are seeking applicants for a full-time postdoc position in implementation science. The post is a 2-year postdoc position based at ISGlobal, with extended travel to Mozambique and/or other destinations, and with an anticipated start date in September/October 2020.
- The primary responsibility is to develop implementation science research within existing research groups at ISGlobal (with a special focus on ongoing programmes in LMICs), publishing scholarly work and participating in obtaining competitive grant funding to support implementation research.
- The postdoc should also support the coordination of the ISGlobal’s Implementation Science Platform, which is being created in the framework of the Severo Ochoa programme to foster interactions within ISGlobal and with strategic partners, with the aim of promoting implementation research and thus facilitating the uptake and generalization of evidence-based interventions for health.
- Extended travel to Mozambique and/or other destinations will be required to participate in field activities of research projects.
- Candidates will be encouraged to teach at the masters and doctorate level.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent degree in public health, epidemiology or a related discipline by the position start date, and a record of peer reviewed publications, ideally with an emphasis on implementation science.
- Candidates should be fluent in English, fluency in Portuguese will be considered a positive asset.
- Dedication: Full time.
- Starting date: September/October 2020.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Salary: According to candidate's experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Applicants should complete the request form including the following reference: SO_POSTDOC_ImplementationScience_JUL20. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter describing research interests and plans at ISGlobal, (2) Curriculum Vitae, (3) copies of 3 key publications, and (4) the names and contact information for three references.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about these positions.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will be funded through the “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.