ISGlobal is a cutting-edge institution with demonstrated capacity to address global public health challenges through research, translation and education, with 407 members and 42 research groups. ISGlobal is located on two campuses: Campus Clinic, with the Universitat de Barcelona and Hospital Clínic and Campus Mar, with Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Hospital del Mar. ISGlobal has an ambitious vision as a world-class centre in research, translation and education, with a commitment to improve global health and promote health equity.
ISGlobal is a leader in epidemiological research of environmental exposures with particular expertise in research related to the health effects of air, noise, and water pollution and the built environment. ISGlobal is at the forefront of international Exposome research through its coordination of, and partnership in, several large international Exposome projects funded by the European Commission, including past projects: HELIX and EXPOSOMICS; and newly funded projects: ATHLETE, EPHOR, Equal-Life, and EXPANSE. ISGlobal work on the Exposome and its influence on health involves development of new tools and methods, including for exposure assessment, integration of omics markers, data infrastructures, and complex data analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinating health and environmental exposure databases from multiple cohorts.
- Contributing to protocol development for primary data collection in Barcelona.
- Conduct statistical analyses using longitudinal cohort data.
- Draft original articles for publication in high impact journals.
- Disseminate findings at conferences, workshops, scientific journals, and other channels.
Skills and experience:
- PhD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, environmental health, biostatistics or related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement in epidemiology or environmental health.
- Experience with statistical analysis of longitudinal data and managing complex data, ideally in R.
- Strong quantitative and programming skills.
- Motivated, self-directed researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs.
- Strong organization and team-working skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Duration: 36 months (renewable up to 48 months)
- Starting date: May 2020.
- Full time contract.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form, including the following reference: “PostDoc_ExpanseH2020_Mar20”, and attach:
2) 1-2 pages cover letter that describes professional qualifications for the activities above and contact information for two references; and
3) passport copy,
Each document must include the candidate name and surname.
Applications will be open until a candidate is selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.