Opening for a PhD Student in the Tissue Virology (VITI, IGTP/IrsiCaixa) in collaboration with
Climate and Health program (AIRLAB, ISGLOBAL) to participate in a project to evaluate the effects
of indoor air pollution on human health. This will include establishment of physiologically relevant
in vivo-like 3D lung culture models, evaluation of air-liquid interface exposure systems and testing
indoor air toxicity in ex vivo models. We offer a contract to joint the project entitled: “TwinAIR:
Digital Twins Enabled Indoor Air Quality Management for Healthy Living“. This project, coordinated
by University of Patras (Greece), is funded by the Horizon Europe programme.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related degrees. Master degree in any Life or Health science, finished or expected during 2022-2023 academic year. Candidates with academic files containing excellent grades (>2 over 4 or 7.5 over 10) are encouraged.
- Candidates with previous experience in primary cell culture, flow cytometry and basic molecular biology and bioinformatics complementary training will be valued.
- Although it is not essential, participation in scientific articles or communications in conferences will be considered.
- Good organizational skills, ability to work in a dynamic team environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Skills for writing, editing, and submitting manuscripts/abstracts/reports detailing the results of the projects
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific tasks for the applicant will be:
- Under the direction of the principal investigators the applicant will carry out research activities in a BSL3 biosafety laboratory.
- Design and development of experimental procedures, including isolation and culture of primary cells and basic techniques of molecular biology.
- Data interpretation and discussion of work progress with other members of the research group.
- Writing scientific reports and articles.
- Active update on scientific literature related to the research topic.
- Presenting research progress in both internal and external meetings, including national and international conferences.
- Other science dissemination activities.
- Participate in regular maintenance of laboratory activities.
- Gross salary by year according to salary scale of IGTP (Predoctoral fellow).
- Candidates will apply for competitive external funding.
- Incorporation November/December 2022.
- Duration: 3 years
- Full time dedication during the project will be required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested should send a motivational letter and their CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference of the offer on the email issue.
CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT INDICATE THE REFERENCE OF THE OFFER IN THE SUBJECT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
After a pre-selection of applicants, an interview will be done with the candidates most suitable.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
The call for applications will close on 30 December 2022