The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What Are We Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a Research Project Administrator to work in TOLIFE, a 4-y project funded by Horizon Europe and aiming to validate an AI-based solution able to smartly process daily life patient-specific data captured by unobtrusive sensor technologies for optimised and personalised treatment, prediction of exacerbations, assessment of health outcomes and improved quality of life in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). TOLIFE project includes two clinical studies; the candidate will administer, maintain and coordinate them in compliance with GCP and other relevant regulations.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Writing clinical study protocols and manual of procedures, in accordance with GCPs, and maintain updated versions
- Prepare approval package for and track submissions to ethics review committees across TOLIFE sites (in Barcelona, Italy and Germany)
- Supervise training of local study investigators
- Coordinate data collection in several European countries.
- Conduct quality control of data collection, initiate and track queries, create monitoring periodic reports
- Keep track of Severe Adverse Events (SAEs) and write corresponding reports
- Take on other clinical studies related tasks on an as needed basis throughout the duration of the project
- Assist in the preparation of TOLIFE deliverables, periodic reports, meetings, minutes and presentations
- Contribute as co-author to TOLIFE publications.
- Present results in scientific conferences and meetings.
- Assist with writing grant proposals.
Training and experience
- Degree/Higher education qualification relevant to the project.
- Demonstrated factual & theoretical knowledge of clinical research project administration/coordination
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of good clinical practice (GCP) guidelines
- Knowledge of other local and international applicable regulatory requirements
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Spanish and/or Catalan are an asset.
- Contract: Part time
- Salary Range: according to internal salary scale.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PA_Research_TOLIFE_Jul22, attach the CV (standard academic and research record including, if applicable). Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is September 10th 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception of candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are encouraged, that include: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.