DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science, molecular epidemiology, molecular biology
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Laboratory Technician Associate's degree (“Ciclo formativo de grado superior – Técnico superior de laboratorio”) or equivalent.
- Degree on Biology or equivalent
- Experience in molecular biology will be valued
- Basic laboratory skills (pipetting, centrifuging, etc.)
- Data management, Excel and R environment
- The candidate will be the responsible of biological samples of the BiSC cohort.
- Processing and storage of biological samples (in particular: DNA aliquoting)
- Digitalizing the forms containing information about biological samples
- Updating the biorepository informatics platform
- Cleaning data about biological samples
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Eager to learn and proactive, and with great initiative
- Catalan, Spanish and English written and spoken.
- Duration:1.5 months
- Starting date: 15th December 2022
- Contract: 60% time (Mon-Fri: 9h-14h)
- Salary Range: According to profile and experience
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: LabTechnician_BISC_GWAS_Nov22 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 9th of December
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.