The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases.
ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry, being the first global public health centre to receive this recognition.
ISGlobal has been distinguished with the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo from the European Commission. The logo identifies the institutions and organisations as providers and supporters of a stimulating and favorable working environment.
What We Are Looking for
The candidate will be responsible for the management of the Preaward Area and to provide specialized grant preparation support to the Principal Investigators.
- Coordination of the Preaward Area, that includes:
- Identify competitive relevant calls and promote competitive proposals
- Planning and distribution of tasks corresponding to the Preaward team
- Provide tailored advice and support on grant proposals preparations in liaison with ISGlobal staff (principal investigators, project managers, scientific coordinator, grant managers)
- Supervision of preaward activities at both campuses
- Analysis & internal dissemination of proposals results
- Coordination of strategic proposals
- Internal training sessions on funding schemes
- Aware of the strategic planning of the institution and implementation of the corresponding activities
- Senior support on national and international grant proposals, especially for strategic calls.
- Liason with Postaward Management area within the Grants Office, specifically for capacity assessments.
- Liasion with Legal Dept on grant and consortium agreements and compliance issues.
- Person of Contact for Preaward activities internally and externally for donors/funding agencies, stakeholders and networking activities, in close collaboration with Scientific Management.
- Ensures preaward contribution to the advocacy activities to funding agencies (ie Horizon Europe, EDCTP) and networking for institutional collaboration in new scientific challenges, in close interaction with Global Development and Project Unit.
- Coordination of institutional capacity assessments /due diligences to be fulfilled correctly and in due time.
- Ensures accuracy, maintenance, preparation and presentation of activity Indicators (KPI).
Skills and competencies
- Ability to coordinate a team in two campuses / remotely in an international multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with colleagues with different roles and responsibilities
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan workload with deadlines and under pressure.
- Organized, high attention to detail; ability to summarize and communicate key information at all levels.
- Proactive attitude to identify the needs of the principal investigators and the organization.
- University degree; preferably in Life Science.
- Advanced level of Spanish and English, spoken and written, a must.
Experience, technical skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Preaward coordinator or in a similar role.
- Knowledge and senior experience managing calls from a wide range of funding institutions will be valued:
- European and International public funders such as H2020, EIT Health, NIH or similar
- Spanish/Catalan public funders: Spanish Ministry of Science, ISCIII, AGAUR, Dep Salut - PERIS or similar
- Private foundations (national/international) ie LaCaixa Foundation, Medical Associations, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome Trust or similar.
- Previous experience working with institutions from low and middle income countries will be valued.
- Team management will be highly valued.
Salary and conditions
- Full-time position
- Compensation will be based on the internal scales and applicant's experience and qualifications.
- Start date is as soon as possible.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Head_Preaward_Apr21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.