The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
ISGlobal is looking for a field work technician to support the iMAP Barcelona study (“iMAP Barcelona: The international Mind, Activities and urban Places in Barcelona study: Building the evidence base on the relationships between environment, active living and cognitive health”). The iMAP study is an international study also conducted in Hong Kong and Melbourne.
The overarching aim of this study is to examine the extent to which, how, and for whom aspects of the urban environment influence brain health and cognitive health in 600 mid-aged and older (50-79 years) community dwellers living in Barcelona.
This prospective observational study will collect longitudinal data through a 7-day objective assessment of mobility behaviours and lifestyle activities. A subsample of 200 participants will be subsequently invited to undertake Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) brain scans to further assess brain health parameters. This will be repeated two years after.
- The selected candidate will participate in the recruitment phase and screening phase of participants, as well as in the experimental phase of the study, carrying out face-to-face assessments to evaluate the cognitive function of the participants, anthropometric measurements, deploying air pollution sensors and other personal measurement devices.
- The candidate will also participate in the data entry and data transfer parts of the study.
Training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences.
- Previous experience in epidemiological studies will be positively valued.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Strong organization and team-working skills.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to uncertainty
- Professional attitude with attention to details.
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously
- Good communication skills
- Languages: High level of English both written and spoken will be positively valued.
- Duration: 4 months
- Contract: full time (40h/week)
- Starting date: September 2020
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_iMAP_Jul20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until August the 15th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.