The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Main duties and tasks
- The candidate will need to coordinate the fieldwork with the nurses who recruit the women at hospitals. The candidate will also take care of the questionnaires, forms, material and devices needed for the fieldwork.
- Training and experience:
- Graduate degree in health or environmental sciences
- Experience in carrying out fieldwork in epidemiological studies. Experience in exposure assessment will be positively valued.
- Strong organization and team-working skills.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Eager to learn and proactive, with great initiative.
- Autonomous and able to self-manage with the participants.
- Catalan, Spanish. English written and spoken will be valued.
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting date: 1st March 2020
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the cv and a cover letter, including the following reference: FieldworkCoord_ATHLETE_Jan20. The receipt of applications will be open until February, 25th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.