DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of the policy-making processes at the European level;
- Working in and/or having a solid understanding of mechanisms of publicly-funded scientific research systems in Europe, at national and EU-level. Experience in contacting EU representatives at different levels will be an asset;
- Knowledge of networks for the promotion of science in EU policies (e.g "Science Europe"), with particular emphasis in health and environment;
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other languages will be considered a plus;
Additional relevant competences
- EU public, legislative and regulatory affairs, including experience in advocacy and dealing with the European institutions;
- Previous working experience in a research centre;
- Special value will be given to particular experience on coordination or elaboration of papers and other documents addressed to feed advocacy needs.
- Dedication: Full time.
- Starting date: Any time since January 1, 2021.
- Duration: 2 years.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the requested form including the following reference: SO-REDES_EU-ADVOCACY_DEC20.
Applicants should attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- 1 or 2-pages supporting statement describing career trajectory, qualifications, experiences in regards to the offered position;
- The names and contact information for three references.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about these positions.
The receipt of applications will be open until a candidate is selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will be funded through the “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) and “Europa Redes y Gestores – Europa Centros Tecnológicos 2020” Program (ECT2020-000666) from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.