The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
- Distance learning strategy and action plan (including budget) for the ISGlobal Department of Education & Training.
- Instructional design elements for distance learning courses, including presentations, course materials, and assessments) prepared for use on the Moodle Learning Platform.
- Trainings and training materials in e-learning / distance learning methodology for faculty, coordinators, and ISGlobal staff.
- Reports of learnings and recommendations following the launch of pilot distance learning courses.
- Design of ISGlobal distance learning strategy, in collaboration with the Education & Training Director and team.
- Development of instructional design elements for ISGlobal distance learning courses, including assessments.
- Packaging of learning resources for Moodle Learning Platform and linking / uploading necessary resources.
- Testing the learning platform, resources, and materials, including links, uploads, and functionalities.
- Contributing to ISGlobal Faculty and Student handbooks.
- Training faculty and staff on technical tools and distance learning methodology
- Monitoring the course launches and coordinating evaluation, including reporting and recommendations for future editions.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Academic qualifications / certification related to: education, computer science, information / knowledge management, e-learning.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in the area of e-learning, blended learning, web design, and ICTs in education / edtech
- Experience with Moodle Learning Platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English; Spanish and/or Catalan proficiency preferred.
- Experience with health / life sciences education and postgraduate education preferred.
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: laboral indefinit amb càrrec a projecte
- Starting date: 01/03/2023
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Tècnic I D
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Consultant_Learning_Jan23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 09/02/2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.