The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is looking for a data manager to join our young, dynamic teams in child-health and air pollution and urban environment research. The work is in the framework of the international MOOD-COVID (Pre- and post-natal Maternal mental health and newbOrn neurOdevelopment during the COVID-19 panDemic) Project. This project has received funding from the AXA Research Fund.
- Prepare databases from the questionnaires
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research
- Support statistical data analyses
Training and Experience
- Graduate degree in the health sciences or diploma level in biostatistics
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data
- Experience with relevant software package R
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Duration: 12 months (extendable)
- Starting date: 1st September 2020
- Contract: Part time (50%)
- Salary Range: Technician IID
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DM_AXA_Jul20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until August 15th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.