Job offer: Coordinator of Education & Training
DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global health challenges through research, innovation, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases, including environmental and climate determinants, and applies an interdisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
ISGlobal is associate research institute to two main universities in Spain, the Universitat de Barcelona and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and in collaboration with these two universities organises and coordinates postgraduate (PhD, master and courses) on Global Health and related topics.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Master degree relevant to the position.
- Experience leading, developing and/or coordinating academic programmes in global health or international health or international/global public health or related fields.
- Experience in international education in global health or international health or global public health or related fields
- Experience in design, management and delivery of postgraduate academic programmes
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of education / training programmes
- Experience in educational coordination activities with faculty and students
- Experience in face-to-face, online or blended education programme
- Skills in management and coordination of postgraduate students
- Skills in management and coordination of faculty
- Skills in leadership and management
- Skills in team work
- Skills in monitoring & evaluation of education/training programmes
- Skills in communication in education/training areas
- Assist the Director of the ISGlobal E&T department in the development of his/her tasks.
- Contribute to the design, coordination and delivery of postgraduate programmes, courses and other activities in Global Health
- Contribute to the design, coordination and delivery of Capacity Strengthening activities
- Participate in the full cycle of development and delivery of our Global Health programmes/courses, face-to-face, online or blended
- Coordinate master and diploma programmes, and short courses in Global Health
- Coordinate faculty (internal and external) in those programmes and courses
- Coordinate with students registered in those programmes and courses
- Lead recruiting and selection processes of students
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Work under pressur
- English, proficiency level
- Spanish, proficiency level
- Catalan, will be valued
- French, will be valued
- Portuguese, will be valued
- Others will be valued
- Starting date: Summer 2023
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: To be discussed depending on the profile of selected candidate, based on the internal salary scales.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Coordinator_EducationTraining_May23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until June 15th, 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.