DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Social media management
- Management of websites and blogs.
- Writing press releases and other communications materials.
- Creation and management of newsletters.
- Communication of research projects
- Management of contacts database.
- Handling media inquiries.
- Design of communications materials.
- Photography/video production.
- Assisting the Communications team in the rest of its tasks.
Training and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Journalism or Communications.
- Experience in web & community management.
- Previous experience in global health or science communication will be valued.
- Experience in video making and graphic design will be valued.
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills.
- Good journalistic criteria for the curation of news.
- Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign...).
- Video editing (Premiere…).
- CMS / CRM.
- Some knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required
- Fluency in Catalan will be valued.
- Duration: Full time permanent contract.
- Starting date: Immediate.
- Salary according to ISGlobal’s salary scales.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: Officer_Communications_Jul22.
The receipt of applications will be open until 10th September 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET on the closing date.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.