DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education in statistics or related topics
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data, large datasets, and big data Previous experience in epidemiological, medical or laboratory sciences an advantage
- Programming skills with main data management and statistical tools, preferably in R or STATA
- Provide statistical support to statistical needs of TESAIII.
- Provide onsite support to young African scientists doing an internship at ISGlobal under the TESA project
- Oversee basic and advanced statistics courses under TESA.
- Prepare statistical analysis plans for the different projects of the TB group
- Perform statistical analysis in the TB group.
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- English proficiency
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting date: November 2022
- Contract: Full time (40 hours/week)
- Salary Range: According to experience and qualifications
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_TB_Oct22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until until the position is filled.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.