DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Currently the Biostatistics and Data Management Unit consists of three statisticians and two data managers who helps the researchers over ten multicentric studies. We have multiple activities and roles in these projects such as: questionaries design, data capture procedures, data cleaning, writing data management plans and/or statistical analytical plans, data analysis, etc…
- Computer science
- Medical sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Candidates are expected to have a high statistical knowledge at grade or MSc level.
- Experience in statistical /data management support to others as consultancy.
- Experience in write technical documentation.
- Specific Requirements:
- Grade or Master level in Statistics
- High capacity in programming languages, such as Stata, R, RedCap, Open Clinica.
- Ability to work independently with the support and guidance of seniors’ statisticians and data managers.
- Good team worker.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Learning capacity.
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Intermediate English level or higher
- We will appreciate a basic French knowledge or higher
- Duration: One year with the possibility of renewal
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Contract: Full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Bio_Statistician_Mar21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.