DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education and experience in developing and analyzing complex databases.
- Data management.
- Knowledge of specific programs: R software (package MAF tools), SPSS, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Review of the genomic sequencing data.
- Design, fusion and management of complex study databases.
- Biostatistical analysis of datasets using R software (MAF tools).
- Assistance in writing methodological section in grant proposals.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process .
- A dedicated worker that is interested in Medical/Biological science.
- Have experience in biostatistics, particularly MAF tools of R software.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills to patients and work colleagues.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: 3 months
- Starting date: 20/06/2022
- Contract: (part or full time) part time
- Salary Range: Compensation for this position will be based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. Based on the internal scales.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Bioinformatician_MiBio_Jun22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 17/06/2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.