DescriptionThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What we are looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Back-end developer to provide support and maintenance of internal web applications development, mainly the institutional intranet and corporative website, and also provide technical support and maintenance to different websites, and other related tasks, like technical support for reported web application incidents, documentation of tools and services provided.
Additionally, this IT position will participate in development of an intranet-based project, with the overall goal of developing a fully functional KPI (indicators) system, as well as increasing the management and visibility of internal data of all the institute’s areas, placing this information in an accessible format in the institute’s intranet. This will be done in coordination with all the institute’s areas, gathering their data inputs, and improving and creating when needed the required modules, data connections and systems to make it possible.
- Experience with GIT Version Control System
- Experience with other programming languages: PHP, Python
- Experience with Relational DataBases Management (MySQL, MariaDB, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, others,)
- Experience with management of Linux OS (CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat..)
- Intermediate level of English (written and spoken)
It will be valued
- Knowledge with CMS Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, LifeRay management
- Knowledge of REST (JSON) and SOAP protocols
- Knowledge of docker container and images management
- Knowledge of other frameworks: nodejs, react, django, etc
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
- Knowledge of computer networks
- Knowledge of NGinx with Unicorn webserver
- Knowledge of Google Apps (administrator profile)
- Knowledge and experience of technical support with SAP-BO (customer incidents, Add-Ons updates, etc.)
- Experience or Knowledge with Business Intelligence tools (ETL tools and Data Analytics)
- Good treatment and relationship with people, professional communicative, self-taught and willing to work as a team.
- Empathic with the ability to work with professionals from very different cultures, mindsets and ways of working.
- Ability to: Recognize and resolve system-related problems; communicate technical and complex information both in oral and written form; effectively plan, organize and prioritize work assignments; coordinate multiple projects concurrently and work with minimum guidance and direction.
- Proven expertise in providing assistance (technical or otherwise)
- Create and optimize a secure website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Provide ongoing technical support for one or more websites.
- Maintain communication with team members and supervisors regarding website state
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Perform routine site audits as well as ongoing maintenance as needed
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Full time postion
- Permanent contract
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: BackDeveloper_Programmer_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 30/11/2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contributing to improving health worldwide.