Javier Moreno obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology at Polytechnic University of Valencia in 2015 and his Master’s degree in Advanced Microbiology at the University of Barcelona in 2017.
He completed his master’s thesis at the Molecular Basis of Antimicrobial Resistance research group led by Jordi Vila and shortly after started a PhD in Medicine and Translational Research at the University of Barcelona, under the supervision of Vila and Ballesté-Delpierre.
His PhD project focuses on the discovery and characterization of novel antimicrobial agents effective against multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacteria; moreover, he has also collaborated in other Microbiology research topics such as bacterial pathogen identification and resistance profile characterization from clinical samples through molecular methods, as well as epidemiological studies of Acinetobacter baumannii and Escherichia coli.
Línies de recerca
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Novel antimicrobial
- Antimicrobial peptides
- Rapid diagnostic tools for bacterial pathogens
- Vila, J, J Moreno-Morales, and C. Ballesté-Delpierre. 2020. Current Landscape in the Discovery of Novel Antibacterial Agents. Clinical Microbiology and Infection 26 (5): 596–603.
- Just-Baringo, Xavier, Alejandro Yeste-Vázquez, Javier Moreno-Morales, Clara Ballesté-Delpierre, Jordi Vila, and Ernest Giralt. 2021. Controlling Antibacterial Activity Exclusively with Visible Light: Introducing a Tetra-Ortho-Chloro-Azobenzene Amino Acid. Chemistry -A European Journal 27 (51): 12987-91.
- Moreno-Morales, Javier, Andrea Vergara, Tomislav Kostyanev, Jesús Rodriguez-Baño, Herman Goossens, and Jordi Vila. 2021. Evaluation of a Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Assay to Detect Carbapenemases Directly From Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid Spiked With Acinetobacter Spp. Frontiers in Microbiology 11 (January): 1–4.
- Murugaiyan, Jayaseelan, P Anand Kumar, G Srinivasa Rao, Katia Iskandar, Stephen Hawser, John P Hays, Yara Mohsen, et al. 2022. Progress in Alternative Strategies to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance: Focus on Antibiotics. Antibiotics 11 (2): 200.
- Vergara, A, J Moreno-Morales, I Roca, C Pitart, T Kostyanev, J Rodriguez-Baño, H Goossens, F Marco, and J Vila. 2020. A Comparative Study between Real-Time PCR and Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification to Detect Carbapenemase and/or ESBL Genes in Enterobacteriaceae Directly from Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid Samples. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, February, 1–5.