The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
ISGlobal is currently integrated with 52 research groups and a total staff of about 400 people. It positions Barcelona as a leading hub in global health research on communicable, non-communicable diseases and their environmental determinants.
What We Are Looking for
We are looking for a full-time postdoctoral researcher to join our young, dynamic teams in child health and air pollution and urban environment research.
The candidate will work on the association of environmental exposures on children’s neuropsychological development as part of the international project ONES – Fine Particulate Matter, Fetal Growth & Neurodevelopment: Examining Critical Windows of Susceptibility (this project has received funding from the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) (Federal Award#: 1R01ES028842-01A1).
The candidate will gain skills in environmental epidemiology, birth cohort studies, and statistical methods.
Job duties and tasks
- Conducting analysis and drafting original articles for publication in high quality journals;
- Disseminating findings at conferences, workshops, and through the study website;
- Collaboration with the study teams and external specialists;
- Supervision of master and PhD students.
Skills and experience
- PhD in epidemiology, public health, or related discipline;
- Previous experience in the research topic is an advantage;
- Experience in processing and managing of complex and large datasets, as well as in statistical packages, preferably STATA and R;
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard;
- Strong organization and team-working skills;
- Professional attitude with attention to details;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken);
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker.
- Starting date: February 2020;
- Full time contract;
- 6 months.
How to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.