The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. One of ISGlobal’s major research areas is environmental epidemiology and examining how environmental exposures impact population health in urban settings.
What We Are Looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Coordination of all ISGlobal tasks related to the EUCAN-Connect project;
- Maintaining close contacts with cohorts and other partners participating in EUCAN-Connect;
- Developing protocols for the assessment of urban environment indicators in child cohorts through GIS methods;
- Developing analysis protocols and conducting statistical analyses linking aspects of the urban exposome with child health outcomes and omics markers, interpreting results and writing papers;
- Presenting results in scientific conferences and meeting;
- Contribution to overall stakeholder activities of EUCAN-Connect, promoting translation of scientific advances into policy.
Training and experience
- Doctorate in Health/Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Environmental Epidemiology, Statistics or related subject.
- Previous experience in child health/cohort research or urban environment and health research.
- Strong interest in the effects of the environment on health during the critical early life-course periods of development.
- Experience in conducting statistical analyses, including advanced multivariate methods.
- Experience in GIS methods.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, capable of working autonomously, rational thinker
- English high level written and spoken.
- Duration: 1 year.
- Starting date: 1/03/2020.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and attached the CV and a cover letter including the following reference: PD_ Eucanconnect_Oct19. Each document must include the candidate name and surname. Applications will be accepted until November, 29th 2019.
Interviews could be done on a rolling basis; hiring of matching candidates might occur before the deadline.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.