DescripcióThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- To identify and pro-actively disseminate calls for proposal from public and private institutions, specific for Global Health Projects and Initiatives as per ISGlobal research interests.
- To provide support during the process of application preparation:
- compliance of proposals to funder requirements,
- contractual procedures and obligations,
- forecast and control of deadlines.
- support in proposal writing & budgeting.
- proposal delivery; follow up on submitted applications.
- To coordinate formal acceptance of granted projects; liaise with the legal Dept, grant managers and HHRR Dept (when appropriate) the negotiation phase of research-related contracts, such as grants agreements, subgrants, subcontracts, fellowships.
- Management of internal and external signatures in a multi-institutional environment.
- Maintenance of grants & contracts databases for accurate activity reports.
- Any other duties related to the post as requested by superiors; to contribute to the general functioning of the Grants Office
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- University degree; preferably but not necessarily in Life Science.
- Knowledge and experience managing calls from European and International funders (such as H2020/Horizon Europe, HEI, EIT Health, NIH) is required.
- Knowledge and experience managing calls from Spanish/Catalan national funders (Spanish Ministry of Science, ISCIII, AGAUR, PERIS) will be highly valued.
- Experience working in a research centre will be valued.
- Experience in a similar position will be considered a plus. although we welcome candidates without previous experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Organized, high attention to detail; ability to summarize and communicate key information at all levels.
- Proactive attitude to identify the needs of the principal investigators and the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in an international multicultural environment.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures .
- Advanced level of English, spoken and written, a must
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and Catalan
- Duration:Permanent contract
- Starting date: Asap
- Contract: full time
- Salary Range: Compensation will be based on the internal scales and applicant's experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Manager_Preaward_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 10th February 2023
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.