DescripcióISGlobal is looking for 1 or 2 (subject to confirmation of funding) database managers/statisticians to join our dynamic team in Radiation research. As database manager/statistician, you will set up databases for new projects and update and maintain existing ones, conduct validation of the data and statistical analyses under the supervision of the PIs. Work conducted in the Radiation Programme includes large international collaborative studies of the effect of mobile communication devices emitting radiofrequency radiation, as well as studies of medical, occupational and accidental radiation exposures. The projects in the Radiation Programme receive funding from the European Commission H2020 as well as from various national funding agencies in Europe and the US.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Design, implement, manage relational databases
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control, including contact with international partners to resolve queries
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research
- Conduct statistical analyses of the data using specialised software for radiation epidemiological studies.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in biostatistics or related topics
- Experience in processing and managing complex data
- Experience in statistical analysis, preferably with STATA or R
- Experience with database management and programming software: SQL-Server, MySQL, PostGreSQL, VBA.
- Experience in Health Impact Assessment would be an asset.
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan are an asset
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
Who we are
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal Campus Mar is situated in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), close to the Hospital del Mar and the Olympic Port.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and attached the relevant documents including the following reference: Statistician_Radiation Programme_June19. Each document must include the candidate name and surname. The receipt of applications will be open until August, 15th 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.