The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a talented and highly motivated technician for a part-time, temporary engagement in the EC funded RESONATE project RESONATE (“Building individual and community RESilience thrOugh NATurE-based therapies”). The successful candidate will be exposed to a network of Europe’s most prominent researchers in the field of associations between nature and human health. The candidate should have a genuine interest in the topic of Nature based therapies and have an interdisciplinary mindset.
RESONATE is funded by the EU’s research and innovation Horizon Europe (HE) program under GA No 101081420.
- Environmental science
- Medical sciences
1. Work collaboratively on conducting a systematic literature review on Nature based therapies (NbTs) on resilience related health outcomes. The work will be conducted as a team with at least one senior researcher who will supervise and guide the work
2. Prepare for data input, based on the literature review, for an online, interactive tool of NbTs across the world in collaboration with project partners.
- Contribute to development of search syntax and protocol for a systematic review
- Establish a systematic review in adequate software (e.g. Ryaan) in collaboration with team members
- Search databases according to protocol
- Collaborate with on screening and reviewing literature
- Co-draft publication
- Collaborate with consortium partners to develop an online systematic map of global NbTs
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor or master degree in relevant field
- Adequate knowledge about the field of NbTs or high motivation to learn
- Experience of working independently in interdisciplinary research consortia
- Problem resolution.
- Excellent Learning capacity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: One year with possibility for extension
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Contract: Part-time
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Tech_SystematicReview_RESONATE_Sept2023, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 22/09/2023
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.