DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
The Childhood and Environment program at ISGlobal focuses on evaluating the effects of environmental pollutants on children’s health, with particular emphasis on exposure during pregnancy and the postnatal period.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a motivated fieldwork technician to support the daily development of to join the INMA (INfancia y Medio Ambiente) birth cohort, which started more than 25 years ago in different Spanish settings (www.proyectoinma.org). The current position is for conducting the new follow-up in INMA Sabadell when children will be 18 years old.
«Programa Investigo», de contractació de persones joves demandants de feina en la realització d'iniciatives de recerca i innovació, en el marc del Pla de Recuperació, Transformació i Resiliència
- Contact families for the new follow-up of the INMA Sabadell cohort
- Visit participants and conduct interviews related to the study
- Follow up with participants
- Visit the participants at schools
- Be able to strictly follow the protocols of the study (some of them written in English)
- Database creation and management.
The candidate will work on the field, visiting the participants and creating and managing newly collected data.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Experience in population studies of maternal and child health will be valued.
- Vocational training or bachelor degree related to the field.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Eager to learn and proactive, and with great initiative
- Autonomous and able to self-manage with the participants
- Working-hour flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills with the participants of the study
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Catalan and Spanish written and spoken.
- English will be an asset.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Starting date: One month after the closing date
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Based on Internal Salary Scales
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
INVESTIGO Program Specific requirements
According to the specific requirements of the CALL INVESTIGO (RESOLUCIÓ REU/42/2022, de 17 de gener, CVE-DOGC-A-22018037-2022) the elegible candidates should fulfill the following criteria at the moment of the signature of the contract:
- Be more than 16 years old and under 30 years old
- Be registered at SOC (Servei Públic d'Ocupació de Catalunya) as job applicant
- Not to have carried out any type of research activity in ISGlobal within 6 months immediately prior to the start of the contract.
- Must meet the requirements for the type of contract to be formalized, and must be adjusted to the specific circumstances of each initiative, in accordance with current legislation.
These requirements must be met at the beginning of your participation in the program.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_INVESTIGO_INMA_Jul22, attach the BLIND CV (without personal data) and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate’s name and surname. The receipt of applications will be open until September 30 th 2022.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are encouraged, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.