DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What we are looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a technician to join our young, dynamic team in child-health research. As technician, you will collaborate with the project partners to prepare codebooks and databases for the analyses required by the H2020 funded HBM4EU project.
Barcelona - Campus Mar
Main duties and tasks
- Prepare codebooks and datasets on human biomonitoring data and process the data in a form usable by the HBM4EU project.
- Maintain close contacts with the international HBM4EU collaborators.
- Carry out data cleaning, quality control and programming of validation checks.
- Where necessary, analyse the data according to the approved statistical analysis plans.
Training and experience
- Educated to diploma level in biostatistics, epidemiology or related topics.
- Experience in processing and managing data.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience with relevant software packages: Excel, STATA.
- Experience with human biomonitoring data is an advantage.
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously, rational thinker.
- Duration: 3 months.
- Starting date: 20/05/19.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: Technician for European project (HBM4EU).
The receipt of applications will be open until Thursday, May 23rd 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.