DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for
The position will involve statistical analysis of environmental exposure data, application of regression models commonly used in epidemiology, and contributing to scientific publications. The role requires close collaboration with international project partners from a range of disciplines as well as researchers at ISGlobal. The selected person will be supervised by Group Leader, Dr Cathryn Tonne, Associate Research Professor.
The primary responsibility is the statistical analysis of air pollution exposure data and epidemiological analyses. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to publications, reports, and grant applications.
- Provide statistical support to the researchers of the team.
- Plan and execute management of datasets.
Experience and skills
- Higher education in Biostatistics or similar.
- Knowledge of applied and theoretical statistics.
- Programming using the main statistical tools and software in R.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and version-control systems (git).
- Experience with mixed models for repeated measures data.
- Experience with spatial statistics.
- Excellent organizational skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Professional attitude and excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Good level of English (written and spoken).
- High level of critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Duration: 2 years (renewable).
- Starting date: 01/06/19.
- Contract: Full time.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: Statistician/DataScientist_PublicHelath_May19. The receipt of applications will be open until May, 25th 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.