Oferta de trabajo: Statistician/bioengineer for MOBILISE-D (EC-IMI Project)
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a statistician/bioengineer to join our dynamic team. The candidate will be involved in the MOBILISE-D project, a 5-y private-public consortium funded by EC-IMI and aiming to measure and validate digital mobility outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and hip fracture. The candidate will work with large datasets from multiple sources: clinical data with repeated measurements, environmental exposure data (e.g., residential air pollution), data from activity monitors including “high-resolution” time series data, among other data sources.
The role requires close collaboration with international project partners from a range of disciplines as well as researchers at ISGlobal. The successful applicant will be supervised by Non-Communicable Diseases and Environment Programme Head Judith Garcia-Aymerich, Research Professor.
- Computer science
- Medical sciences
Key Responsibilities / Specific Duties
- Perform data cleaning and management from epidemiological and high-resolution data (e.g., body sensors data)
- Perform statistical analysis of longitudinal observational data, in particular time-series data and longitudinal cohort data.
- Provide statistical support to the researchers of the team, including master and pre-doctoral students.
- Contribute to scientific publications, reports, and grant applications.
- Participate to protocol writing and statistical analysis plan elaboration.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or similar.
- Knowledge of theoretical and applied mathematics and statistics.
- Programming using the main statistical tools and software in R, Stata and/or Python.
- Experience in Data-management
- Experience with high-resolution data.
- Experience in complex statistical analyses and time series.
- Experience in paper writing for publications in journals and conference papers is an asset.
- Experience in respiratory and/or physical activity research is an asset.
- Proficient use of statistical software R, STATA and/or Python
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Rational thinker.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Duration: 1 year (renawable)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: TECHNIC II A, depending on CV and expertise
- During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_MobiliseD_May23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 10th June 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.