Oferta de trabajo: Software engineer & Business manager to deploy an injury warning system in sports
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
La contratación se realiza en el marco de un proyecto de investigación en ciencia y tecnología aplicada a la actividad física beneficiosa para la salud (AFBS) y la medicina deportiva, con cargo a los fondos europeos del plan de recuperación, transformación y resiliencia, financiado por Ministerio de Cultura y Deporte y por la Unión Europea “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is seeking a motivated software engineer with background in business management to join the Bioinformatics Research Group of Dr. Juan R Gonzalez at ISGlobal with the vision of leveraging omics and GPS data analytics in sport. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated data scientist to contribute to the digital transformation of biomedicine and carry out research that has social and economic impact and responds to unmet sport needs by preventing injuries.
The candidate will develop novel research that applies advanced data modelling of GPS, genomic and metabolomic data. An ambition of this team is to implement predictive modelling to prevent injuries in sport. This will be achieved by analysing extensive amount of data from FC Barcelona through our collaboration with Barça Innovation Hub. The candidate will also work on deploying a business plan to create an spin-off on sportomics to translate our knowledge into general population who aims to control chronic diseases through physical activity.
- Medical Sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
Candidates are expected to:
- Have a completed, or close to completion, Master Degree with strong analytics expertise in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related fields with focus on data analytics. Additional profiles will be considered if highly motivated researchers in other related disciplines decide to apply.
- A complementary degree on Business administration will be an important asset
- Programming experience in one or more general purpose programming language: Python and/or R
- Experience with front end applications
- Be willing to work in an interdisciplinary team within a highly collaborative research institute
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Creating a package to analyse sport data
- Creating a software implementing the predictive models.
- Deploying a front-end application
- Helping on writing the business plan
- Writing proposals to competitive projects
- Proactive and motivated person
- Strong organization and team-working skills.
- Professional attitude with attention to details.
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously
- Familiar with GitHub
- Advanced knowledge of English, Spanish and Catalan will be highly valued
- Duration: 2 months
- Starting date: 01/06/2023
- Contract: (part or full time) full
- Salary Range: Técnico II B
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: i_Technician_InvActividadFisica_May23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 31/05/2023
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.