The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education in biostatistics or related topics
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data
- Experience with relevant software package R
- Conduct appropriate statistical analyses of complex large datasets
- Provide input on the interpretation of the results
- Prepare tables for use in publications and reports
- Provide input on development of methods sections of publications and reports
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Language level: Catalan, Spanish and English written and spoken.
- Duration: 8 months
- Starting date: 1st September 2021
- Contract: Part time (80%)
- Salary Range: Technician ID
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_AXA_Jul21 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until July 25th 2020.
Las solicitudes se aceptarán hasta las 17:00 CET de la fecha límite.
Solo se considerarán las solicitudes enviadas a través del formulario de solicitud.
Solamente se contactará con las personas pre seleccionadas para entrevista.
Las entrevistas podrán realizarse durante el período de recepción de candidaturas.