The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Degree in biomedical sciences or equivalent.
- Master’s in neurosciences will be valued.
- Expertise required in behavioral approaches to assess cognition/language in infancy (e.g. habituation procedures, eye-tracking).
- Background knowledge on developmental neurocognition will be valued.
- Implement the Eye-tracking tests in 6 and 18months children from the BISC Cohort.
- Technical skills to design and implement eye-tracking experiments (from recording and edition of audiovisual material to data analysis and visualization).
- Programming skills and experience with experimental software (Presentation, Matlab, R…).
- Capacity for working autonomously
- Good communication skills with the research team and the participants of the study.
- English, Spanish written and spoken.
- Duration: 12 month
- Starting date: September 2020
- Contract: (part or full time)Part time (12h/week)
- Salary Range: Technician IIA
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_EyeTracking_Sep20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until September 30th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.