DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Master in health economics or economics
- Evidence of high level quantitative skills on health economics analysis, particularly cost-effectiveness analysis
- Good organisation capacity for conducting the tasks of this project in relative short time
- Good level knowledge of econometrics techniques for future potential projects is desirable
- To improve and populate a decision tree + Markov model previously used for Chagas disease related interventions
- To help gathering parameters from the literature
- To conduct deterministic and probabilistic analysis of the model
- To draft a manuscript for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity
- Capacity to work independently
- Good English level, spoken and written, is essential. Good Spanish level, spoken and written is desirable.
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: 10th August
- Contract: full time
- Gross Salary Range: 27,000-34,000 euros / year /full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: RA_HealthEconomics_Jul20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 2nd of August.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.