DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is the result of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to international efforts to address challenges in global health. It is part of the University of Barcelona and Hospital Clínic, the leading research hospital in Spain.
What we are looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Support the PI and co-investigators in the daily functioning of the projects
- Coordinate daily activities (data collection and follow-up)
- Manage data and prepare analytical plan(s) and statistical analyses
- Manage agenda and scheduling of meetings/calls and submission deadlines including for research proposals
- Prepare project proposals, reports and research findings
- Prepare presentations in MS Powerpoint
- Copy-editing, proofreading and managing document citations
- Assist in any other activity related to the work of the Health Systems Research Group
- Facilitate communication and coordination among investigators including the study group(s) by contributing to the shared storage drive and project management system
- Liaise with other research groups at ISGlobal and abroad as relevant
- Participate in ISGlobal seminars, meetings, workshops and training activities
Training, experience and other requirements
- Degree in public health, global health or related field (master’s level or higher)
- Training in research methods (demonstrated experience)
- Willingness to travel within Spain and/or internationally a minimum of three times per year
- Strong written communication skills (demonstrated track record including a minimum of one published peer-reviewed article)
- Familiarity with the conventions for reporting original research in scientific publications (e.g., the appropriate structure for the introduction, methodology, results and discussion sections).
- Ability to accurately describe other researchers’ findings and to cite the information using standard referencing conventions.
- Ability to use PubMed/Medline and other major databases to conduct literature searches.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills (including using online project management platforms)
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- International experience (studying or working outside of native country)
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook software or equivalent, Slack, Asana + statistical programs (eg SPSS, R or Stata). Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn groups) – desirable.
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (an asset)
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: RA_Heatlh Systems_June19. The receipt of applications will be open until July, 31st, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.