DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, infectious diseases including malaria, maternal, child and reproductive health, urban health and xhild and environmental health, climate & non-communicable diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and research assistant (RA) who is interested in contributing to the Health Systems Research Group’s public health work on liver health. This includes supporting the group’s research on policy and public health responses to liver diseases such as metabolic-dysfunction associated steatotic liver disease (formerly NAFLD), metabolic-dysfunction steatohepatitis (formerly NASH) and viral hepatitis. The chosen candidate will be at the forefront of liver health research by analysing behavioural interventions, digital interventions, and the use of innovative diagnostic tools, such as biomarkers and non-invasive testing, and prevention including lifestyle and structural interventions.
In addition, the RA may be tasked with providing support to other team members in the daily functions of other research projects related to health systems and daily activities. You are able to work autonomously and in a team.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Degree in public health, global health or related field (master’s level or higher)
- Specific Requirements:
- Master’s degree in health sciences, public health, or global health
- Training in research methods
- Comfortable in an international and multicultural environment
- Willing to learn and grow while facing challenges as a learning opportunity
- Strong English-language skills (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Fluency in Spanish
- Catalan desirable
- Support all activities related to liver health research and on its ongoing projects in the fields of MASLD, MASH and viral hepatitis;
- Carry out literature reviews and synthesize key findings;
- Data entry and management in Excel or STATA/R;
- Draft texts, proposals, reports, or research findings as needed in English, Spanish, and/or Catalan;
- Prepare presentations in PowerPoint;
- Copy-editing, proofreading and reference management;
- Support grant writing and reporting;
- Liaise with other research groups at ISGlobal as needed;
- Participate in relevant ISGlobal seminars or workshops.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
- This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Strong written communication skills;
- Project management skills and deadline-driven;
- Ability to accurately describe other researchers’ findings and to cite information using standard referencing conventions;
- Ability to use PubMed/Medline and other major databases to conduct literature searches;
- Proficiency in Word, PPT, and Excel (desirable: STATA, illustration, or design experience);
- Desirable: active on social media (eg LinkedIn and Twitter).
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: 1 year
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Research Assistant D
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: RA_Health_Jul23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 15 August 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.