The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
- Track submissions to ethics review committees across all BOHEMIA protocols as well as queries and approvals
- Notify responsible persons within the BOHEMIA team of deadlines for submission of progress reports to ethics review committees across all BOHEMIA projects
- Work in conjunction with the study´s Clinical Trial Manager to:
- Provide unblinded Serious Adverse Event reports to the Outreach Coordinator for monthly
reporting to the DSMB
- Review database reports for the BOHEMIA Safety and Efficacy protocol and identify data
- Report data anomalies in the required format to the Lead Clinical Research Associate (LCRA)
- Identify trends in non-compliance and inform the LCRA
- Assist the LCRA in creating monitoring spreadsheets based on fortnightly reports from the
- Assist the LCRA in maintaining the electronic Trial Master File, including filing and archiving of clinical trial documents, and the maintenance of study files.
- With support from the CSO, coordinate and oversee study drug supply from procurement to delivery on site, including the required documentation.
- With support from the CSO, coordinate and oversee study drug repackaging.
- Take on other clinical trial related tasks on an as needed basis throughout the duration of the study.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 (preferably 2) years’ experience in providing support to clinical trial management
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes and procedures
- Knowledge of good clinical practice (GCP) guidelines
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English. Project written communications and daily work will be in English.
- Spanish, Portuguese and/or Swahili are an asset.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Strong follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a diverse environment.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to manage a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with electronic communications and Microsoft office.
- Experience in working in international environments and interest in public health in developing countries are assets
- Availability to travel overseas as required no more than 25%
- Current GCP certification (a course will be provided upon hiring)
How to Apply
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.