DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Vocacional Training or University degree in Finances, Business Administration (Diplomat, Llicenciat or similar)
- Knowledge of Accounting and basic finances is required.
- Experience in budget management or accounting departments will be valued.
- Knowledge and experience managing grants and reporting to different funders (AEI, Catalan Government, European funding, Federal funding) will be highly evaluated.
- Knowledge and experience managing grants from Spanish/Catalan national funders (Spanish Ministry of Science, ISCIII, AGAUR, PERIS) is required.
- Experience working in research management will be valued
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of accounting and Microsoft Excel is a must
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office products, knowledge of ERP (SAPBO preferred), Google tools…
- Participation in the budget monitoring of grants with the Finance Manager.
- Preparation and monthly review of expenditure lists by budget line and grants and preparation of budget execution tables and summaries.
- Participation with the Finance Manager in the analysis of the budgetary monitoring of the grants and definition of corrective actions (e.g.: re-allocations, changes of items, No-Cost extensions).
- Financial reporting for grants and submission of reports to funders
- Preparation of financial reports, forecasting, control of deadlines for the submission of financial reports (interim or final reports)
- Ensure the regulatory compliance of each funder so that the allocated expenditures follow the rules of the call or the contractual obligations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all administrative documentation required by the funder (e.g.: contracts, tenders, donations, grant agreements, etc.).
- Preparation of the documentation required for the reviews, requirements and external financial audits of the grants.
- Review the electronic and physical files of the accounting (invoices) and administrative documentation (contracts, acts of donation, etc.). The review includes:
- Quality of invoices and other accounting and administrative documents.
- Coordination with the Financial Manager Advisor, if applicable, the resolution of accounting and budget incidents and administrative documentation detected, so that they can be properly presented to the review team.
- Preparation of the physical documentation required in project and institutional audits: preparation of folders, making copies of originals, travel documents,...
- Scanning of project invoices and treasury documents.
- Maintain an updated and organized electronic and physical grant filing system.
- Keep the information in SAPBO updated.
- Support the project team in the management and incidents during the life cycle of the project and participate in the consolidation and proper functioning of the Administration's portfolio of services.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Organized, high attention to detail;
- Ability to work in team in an international multicultural environment.
- Ability to start new processes and document procedures
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and Catalan
- Intermediate level of English, spoken and written
- Starting date: September 2022
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Based on Internal Salary Sacales
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_Postaward_Jul22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 14/08/2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candiddacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.