The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. One of ISGlobal´s major research areas is environmental epidemiology, and specifically examining how environmental exposures impact population health.
What We Are Looking for
The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all activities, communications with the partners and within the ISGlobal team and also for external communications with the funders. He/She will be responsible for producing the scientific and financial annual and final reports.
The candidate will work on the H2020 project ‘Advancing Tools for the Human Early Lifecourse Exposure Research and Translation (ATHLETE)’. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 874583. The project will build an integrated tested strategy to detect endocrine disruptor related metabolic disorders by developing, improving and validating a battery of test systems. ATHLETE will establish a prospective exposome cohort, including FAIR data infrastructure, building on Europe’s most comprehensive already existing exposome data (15 cohorts in 10 European countries). ATHLETE will systematically characterise the effects of the exposome on early organ development, health trajectories, and biological pathways (metagenomic, metabolomic, epigenetic, ageing, and stress pathways), longitudinally from early pregnancy through adolescence. The project is coordinated by ISGlobal and will be conducted in the ISGlobal-Campus Mar in the Childhood and Environment programme.
Main duties and tasks
Management of the partners:
- Preparation and coordination of meetings (Project Team, partners, contributing experts)
- Agenda and minutes writing.
- Follow up on action items within the team and with partners.
- Assist coordinator and partners in preparation and submission of scientific and financial reports.
Execute project within agreed budget and timeline:
- Participation in the elaboration and submission of official reports (progress, annual, final) and associated publications.
- Regular follow up of budget with ISGlobal financial officer, contribute to financial reporting.
- Follow up with partners on implementation of actions and budget.
- Monitoring of progress and deviations from project timetable.
Ensure constant communication with and reporting to the funding institution:
- Ongoing communication and participation in meetings with the funding institution when requested.
- Preparation of technical reports ensuring on-time submission, preparation of amendments.
- Communicate requests from funding institution to appropriate partners.
Contribute to other project activities when requested:
- Ensure that project folders and study protocols are properly organised in accordance to good clinical practices.
- Follow up with ethics approvals and supporting documentation for the project.
Logistical / administrative aspects:
- Arrange project-related travels for the team.
- Coordinate and provide support for the purchase of project materials.
- Provide support to project implementation.
- Arrangement and follow up of project-related documentation and contracts.
Training and experience
The following attributes will be considered during the evaluation process:
- University degree (equal to 4 years of college) or equivalent.
- Experience in managing European research projects.
- Strong organisational skills for multi-tasking daily work, used to work in a goal-oriented approach, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to play different roles within the team.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail management software, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- English, Catalan, Spanish are required.
- Duration: 5 years.
- Starting date: 1 January 2020.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: PM_ATHLETE_Dec19. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 17th December 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.