DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
The finance manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial and contractual aspects of a consortium of partners. The project is funded by an international donor. The Finance Manager will conduct monitoring and updating of the project’s budget, prepare financial reports and ensure that ISGlobal procedures are followed and donors’ requirements met. This position will also develop strategies based on financial research, guiding the senior investigators in making sound project decisions in the long and short term.
What We Are Looking for
The financial manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial and contractual aspects of the consortium. The project is funded by an international donor. The Financial Manager will conduct monitoring and updates of the project’s budget, prepare financial reports and ensure that ISGlobal procedures are followed and donors’ requirements met. This position will also develop strategies based on financial research, guiding the senior executives in making sound project decisions in the long and short term.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the Principal Investigators and the Project Manager budgeting the activities planned, to ensure the eligibility of these activities and their costs fall under internal procedures as well as those of the donor.
- Take part in the negotiations with donors and sites regarding project agreements/amendments and partner sub-agreements.
- Be the focal point with the consortium partners and donors for financial aspects.
- Support the review of contracts and follow-up all the subsequent administrative processes, with the supervision of the Project Manager and support of the Project Assistant.
- Ensure compliance and consistency between the internal processes of the Institution and the policies and procedures established by donors.
- Draft, create or adapt, independently, monitoring documents and templates for reporting and other contractual matters.
- Follow up of the expenses of the project and monitoring of the budget execution for all parties involved in the project.
- Promote prompt corrective actions if there are deviations from the budget and the terms of the financing.
- Prepare accurate financial reports and updates of the project, with the supervision of ISGlobal Head of Grants office and the principal investigator and Project Manager.
- Establish a financial risk management process as part of a project risk management process, monitor and flag emerging issues to the PIs in a timely manner for resolution.
- Prepare any request information related to financial and contractual matters, with the supervision of ISGlobal Head of Grants office.
- Follow-up of the sub-agreements in terms of financial and contractual matters.
- Travel to the sites to supervise, monitor and provide support if needed to any financial aspect: budget preparation, budget execution and reporting.
- Manage cash flow of the general grant and for individual partners.
- Take part to evaluation of partners’ management capacity and propose specific actions and contractual arrangements for a transparent and correct financial management and implementation (in coordination with the Project Manager).
- Take part in the closure procedures of projects.
- Prepare and monitor the project monitoring and audits on field.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum experience of 3 years as a project finance manager of international projects involving external stakeholders from different countries. Experience in the research sector is highly valued.
- Experience managing international projects.
- Experience in the developing countries is an asset.
- Excellent fluency in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of data management, and financial reporting techniques.
- Solid Excel and financial modelling skills.
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills (with the support of the legal department), understanding of contract and legal terminology and concepts.
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently.
- Willingness to be a proactive participant in a team environment and ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office products, knowledge of ERP.
- Availability to travel overseas as required. (around 20%)
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: FM_BOHEMIA_Jun21, attach the CV. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 31st July 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.