DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal provides a hub of excellence dedicated to scientific research and the provision of health care. The institute, which originated in a joint initiative of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, has amassed over 30 years of experience in the field of global health. The pivotal mechanism of its work model is the transfer of knowledge generated by scientific research to practice, a task undertaken by the Research, Training and Policy and Global Development departments. Its ultimate goal is to help close the gaps in health disparities between and within different regions of the world.
What We Are Looking for
- Build on ISGlobal expansion strategy for America Latina in collaboration with other departments and initiatives.
- Definition and monitoring of translation and development projects of global health to be implemented in the region of the Americas.
- Identification of fundraising opportunities in the region and globally.
- Coordination and follow-up of translation projects; joint formulation with IPS, Initiatives, departments and the P&GD team.
- Networking and monitoring of Partnerships.
- Liaison and follow up along development institutions, organizations and funders.
- Budget tracking.
- Strategic coordination: Action Plan for the andregion and preparation of internal documents.
- University degree, preferably in the human or social sciences and/or economics/marketing. Post-graduate courses on global health, the international development or public affairs will be highly appreciated.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as project manager , preferably in America Latina development, and global health.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience in formulating policy strategies.
- Experience in identifying founders and fundraising.
- Willingness to be based in Latin America and travel within the region.
- Knowledge on Global Health, an asset.
- Part time position (flexible)(50%).
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following reference: LA_COOR_GLOBALDEVELOPMENT_May19. The receipt of applications will be open until May, 30th 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.