DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for
The Project Assistant provides support to establish processes and implementing coordinating activities, organizing routine conference calls, documenting and tracking action items, as well as staffing the planning and support for PI’s meetings. In summary, helping coordinate and provide administrative support to the daily running of the activities led by the PI for a good prioritization and resolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance and support in monitoring the achievement of projects activities on behalf of the PI.
- Handle expenses reimbursement process of PI including:
- Review the quality of invoices and accounting documents
- Assess the compatibility and eligibility of expenses
- Support the financial manager on reporting budget incidences and follow up on corrections and implementation
- Prepare tracking documents and tools for deliverables, meetings, and update them regularly.
- Maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
- Schedule and planning of meetings, appointments, teleconferences and videoconferences logistics.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, study protocols, briefing notes, minutes and presentations.
- Assist with grant preparation tasks, including update of PI’s cv, publication lists, and others
- Assist in planning and organizing trips, events and high-level visits required for the project.
- Manage travel for international meetings.
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate projects documentation
- Coordinate and monitor the procurement of office supplies and equipment for the project.
- Review English grammar for documents which will be of public domain (which might include articles, protocols, press news, etcetera)
- Ensure support during the preparation of projects’ proposals
- Other tasks as directed by the PI
1.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 (preferably 2) years in giving support to project management or coordination.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish. Project written communications and daily work will be in English.
- Portuguese is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a diverse environment.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to manage a rapidly changing environment.
‐ Proficiency with electronic communications and Microsoft office.
‐ Experience in working in international environments and interest in public health in developing countries are assets.
- Excellent English level is essential required
- Starting date: February, 1st 2020.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the CV and a cover letter including the following Reference Code Position: ProjectAssistant_TB_Jan2020. Each document must include the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until January, 31st 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.