DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science.
- Conducting analysis and drafting original articles for publication in high quality journals
- Disseminating findings at conferences, workshops, and through the study website
- Collaboration with the study teams and external specialists
- Supervision of master students
Requeriment and Skills
- Master degree in epidemiology, public health, or related discipline
- Previous experience in the research topic is an advantage
- Experience in processing and managing of complex and large datasets, as well as in statistical packages, preferably STATA and R
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- English written and spoken.
- Duration: 1 year (extendable until 3 years)
- Starting date: October 2021
- Contract: Full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PhDStudent_Embryorad_Apr21 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until May 5th 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.