DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Postdoc candidate in mathematical modelling and forecasting methods for the Health Impact Assessment (HIA) research group. The overall goal of the HIA group is to develop evaluations of the impact of public interventions on different health outcomes.
The HIA group is part of the ISGlobal Severo Ochoa (SO) programme which supports interdisciplinary science to improve the understanding of complex health problems. The group is set to work in an integrated way with other programmes to evaluate and model more effective interventions for the Sustainable Development Goals agenda. It also aims to maximize its research impact through advocacy activities and dynamic dialogue with policy makers and programme managers.
This position will be supported by funding from the “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, and the Spanish Research State Agency.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- PhD in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics.
- Previous expertise in working with Mathematical Modelling
- Experience with R programming
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with compartmental models
- Experience with individual-based models
- Knowledge of Forecasting technique
- Demonstrated track record of achievements including first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Conducting mathematical and statistical modelling studies in projects led by the HIA group. Supporting the development of study proposals in the area of HIA.
- Specific Duties:
- Designing and conducting mathematical modelling studies
- Perform microsimulation and compartmental model analyses
- Prepare scientific manuscripts
- Contribute to scientific discussion and participation in other activities in the HIA group
- Supporting the writing and organization of scientific proposals.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
- This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process .
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skillsThe post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Written and spoken English
- Duration: 1 year
- Starting date: October/November 2022
- Contract: Full-time
- Immediate incorporation
- Salary Range: According to internal scales (Postdoctoral fellow)
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_HIA_SO_Jul22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until August 31.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candiddacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.